Did you know?
1) Pandas are actually omnivores but their diet consists of 99% bamboo.
2) They spend about 12 hours eating up to 12 kilos of bamboo each day.
3) Despite their giant size, pandas are actually tiny when they’re born. The average panda baby is only about 15cm long.
4) Pandas are born blind! They open begin to open their eyes at around 6 - 8 weeks after they’re born.
5) Female pandas only give birth to one or two pandas per year.
6) The babies stay with their mom for about 18 months before venturing off into the world on their own.